Sunday, May 17, 2009
This weekend was great. The first REALLY hot days in Chico so far. 98 degrees yesterday and up to 100 degrees today. Knowing it was going to be scorching hot, I got up early on Saturday to get a mountain bike ride in before the heat came. My plan was to head home after the ride and do a core workout at home, but it was so nice the park with the fresh morning air, that I spontaneously switched my plan to a core workout in the park. After a great start to the weekend, I headed to the farmer's market and picked up some delicious produce and supported the local farmers. Household chores followed the market and the rest of the afternoon/evening we spent at the lake.
Sleep: 7.5 hours
Mtn Bike Ride: 1 hr 10 min
Middle Trail in Bidwell Park. Same as Monday, I went down the "scary" hill (it's steep with a lot of loose rock) but this time without hesitation.
Core Workout: 2x30
Leg Throw + Reverse Crunch
Waterski: 6 passes
Felt REALLY tired. I need to give my legs a day of rest!!!
- Pre Workout: Banana and almond muffin
- Post Workout: 3 eggs scramble (broccoli, squash, tomato, onions, mushrooms), apple
- Snack: Orange and 1 handful almonds
- Lunch: Kiwi, green salad (lettuce, carrots, celery, tomato, mushrooms, chicken)
- Snack: Strawberries
- Dinner: Chicken Salad, 10 blue corn chips and guacamole
- Water=85 oz...not enough!!
Today was a relaxing, fun day at the lake. We got up and I fixed us a tasty breakfast and then we were off the lake for a day of skiing, sunshine, friends, and lots of laughs! A perfect Sunday!!!
Exercise: OFF DAY
Waterski: 2 sets (6 passes and 8 passes)
Today was a break through ski day for me. I felt REALLY strong behind the boat, I was running back to back passes, I was feeling the "athletic" position Marcus keeps telling me about. For those of you who don't waterski...it's a whole different world from any other sport. I have played almost all sports and the load from the boat, the continuous progressive, dynamic, ever-changing body position is nothing like anything else.
It was the most fun I have had skiing since I started a little over a year ago!
Stretch: After each ski set
(focus on back and hamstrings)
- Breakfast: 2 egg omelette (zucchini, broccoli, onions, mushrooms) with avocado, 4 strawberries, 1 almond nut muffin
- Snack: Apple
- Lunch: 4 oz grilled steak, green salad with olive oil
- Dinner: Jamba Juice Fruit Smoothie (mango, orange juice, pineapple juice, whey protein)...no sugar added...real fruit - so HOT we couldn't have "real" food
- Snack: 5 strawberries with almond butter, 2 pieces beef jerky
- water = 120 oz
I hope that you all have learned something from me this week. Learned that I love and active healthy life...I preach it, but I also follow it. I also allow myself a little "cheat" so that I don't binge. I pay attention to how my body feels and I adjust accordingly. Sometimes life doesn't match our planned workouts but it's no excuse to drop it completely - something is better than nothing.
Friday, May 15, 2009
It's Friday!!! Started the day with an amazing run with Ziggy (best running buddy ever) on the south rim of Bidwell Park. The trail is a HILLY route (felt it in my hamstrings and glutes!) Came home and did a quick but intense workout in my garage gym. Awesome start to a great day!
Spent the rest of the morning working on the tour, running errands, and buying tickets to the Michael Franti concert...check him out! Spent the afternoon and evening at the lake. Should have been doing work, but with a 93 degree day....the lake seemed like a better idea!
By the way, the pictures above isn't staged. She really was on the couch with my running shoe. I told you she is the best running buddy ever...she's ready to go even if I'm not! ;)
*Sleep: 9 hours
*8:30 am Run
Ran "Green Gate" - South Rim Trail to Guardian Trail in Chico, CA
30 minutes out, 26 minutes back. (negative split)
5 x 15
Lunge + Shoulder Press
Bent Over Row
*Stretch: 15 min (focus on hamstrings and glutes)
- Pre run: Banana
- Between run and workout: Almond Flour Muffin (homemade: almond flour, egg, banana, cinnamon)
- Post Workout: Omelette (2 eggs, 1/2 turkey sausage, red peppers, mushrooms, broccoli), 3 strawberries.
- Snack: Apple and 2 pieces of watermelon
- Dinner: Turkey burger (no bun) with tomato. Steamed asparagus, carrots then sauted with onions.
- Handful of almonds
- Water Intake = 95 oz.
It's the weekend!!!!
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Last night my sleep was all "whacked" out. I fell asleep at 11:30 and then woke up at 2, then 3, then 4 (was up to say goodbye to Marcus who left for FL), then 6, then finally got up at 8. Needless to say, I was a bit tired today.
But, the day was still great! Sunny and 86 degrees today here in Chico!!! Trained some people on how to be healthier and get stronger, worked with online training, scheduled a few more clinics for our Face to Face Tour, cleaned bikes, cleaned house, went to the Thursday Night Farmer's Market with the girls, and played with my puppy. The best part of the day was the hike I took with Ziggy though.
*Sleep: Inconsistent 7 hours
*12:30 Hike: Hike 1 hr. 20 min with Ziggy in Upper Bidwell Park
Legs and body were feeling pretty drained so a nice hike today was just what the doctor ordered.
- Breakfast: 2 Boiled Eggs, Fruit Salad (apples, oranges, strawberries, kiwi, banana)
- Snack: 1 handful almonds and 8 dried apricots
- Lunch: Baked Chicken Salad (lettuce, carrots, avocado, green bell pepper, mushrooms) topped with Annie's Goddess Dressing
- Snack: 3 celery sticks with hummus (not Paleo...but good! :)
- Dinner: Stir Fry (Turkey Sausage, broccoli, mushrooms, red bell pepper)
- Snack: 1 tbsp of sunflower seeds, 4 dried apricots
Good day today. It's sort of nice to have the house to myself this evening. But I am thinking of Marcus at the Master's Last Chance Qualifier!
Off to bed....it's Friday tomorrow!!!!
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Another great day in Chico! Forgot to turn the alarm on so I got up about 20 minutes late....but still started the day with a good workout (just cut 15 minutes short). That kept me going all day with training, online training, Face to Face Tour scheduling, water skiing, cleaning, and hosting a jewelry party...
*Sleep: 8 hours
*7 am Spin Workout: 10 minute warmup, 20 min (sprint, standing sprint, stand, jumps, heavy) 30 seconds each with 1 minute and 30 seconds active recovery between.
*Core and Plyos: 3x30 each (1=10:20, 2=9:19, 3=9:19)
Side Kick Punch
Ball Pass V-up
BOSU Tuck Jumps
*Water Ski: 1 set (6 passes). Had a PB, running 4 of my 6 passes. It was so much fun!!! I love skiing!!!
-Post Workout: banana, almonds/raisins/walnuts/unsweetened coconut trail mix
-BF: 2 eggs scrambled with sauted broccoli, cauliflower, squash, carrots, onion
-AM Snack: Turkey jerky
-Lunch: Baked Chicken Salad (lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, avocado) topped with balsamic vinegar
-Dinner: Chicken Salad (lettuce, chicken, sliced almonds, carrots), fruit salad (apples, oranges, bananas, kiwi, strawberries)
-Snacks: Silpada Jewelry Party - 1 piece of Dove dark chocolate, 5 dessert mints, 8 cherries
Good day today considering it start "rushed" due to waking up a bit late. I want you to take note on my day today....even though my planned workout was cut short, I still did as much as I could. I actually probably worked a bit harder since I knew I was late and needed to get done faster. Remember, something is ALWAYS better than nothing!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Tuesday 5/12/09: Day 2
A great day! Busy as heck with training clients, online training, Face to Face Tour set up, errands, dentist appointments, playing with Ziggy, and more. I wouldn't make it through these non-stop days without an energetic workout to start the day on the right foot.
*Sleep: 8.5 hours
*Trail Run in Bidwell Park: 52 min
Home to 1 mile, through lower park, and back home.
7 miles (Moderate pace with 8x20 seconds pick-ups with active recovery between)
Felt really good. Legs felt strong. Lungs felt strong. It was a beautiful morning, fresh air and lots of active people and dogs in the park to share it all with.
*Resistance Workout: 20 min
Step Ups 3x20x45 ea
BOSU Pushup Jumps 3x20xBW
Front/Back Lunges 3x20x20 ea
Push Press 3x20x45
Overhead Squat 3x20x15
Tricep Dips 3x20xBW
BOSU Over the Top 3x20xBW ea way
*Stretch: 10 min
- Post Workout: Orange
- BF: 2 eggs and veggie scramble (squash, broccoli, bell peppers, onion) with avocado and tomato on top, 6 blackberries, 2 strawberries
- AM Snack: 1/2 handful of almonds, 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Lunch: Salad (lettuce, tomato, carrots, cucumber, sunflower seeds) with baked chicken on top with lemon juice for dressing
- PM Snack: Banana, 1/2 handful of almonds, 1 piece of turkey jerky
- Dinner: Turkey sausage/chicken/veggie stir fry (broccoli, cauliflower, squash, carrots, red onions) and 1/2 baked sweet potato
Water Intake = 100 oz.
*Comments: Great day! Thoroughly enjoyed my run and workout this morning. Notice that my fruit was surrounding my active times of the day (post workout with breakfast and then a banana after running with clients in the mid afternoon). That's when our bodies can use this sugar most efficiently. Time for a good night's sleep tonight!
Monday, May 11, 2009
For my clients, potential, clients and just those who are curious.....This week I am going to track my workouts and food intake so you can see how I live and see that I practice what I preach. It will also maybe give you a few new ideas for meals. Would love to see your comments and feedback!
Day 1: Monday 5/11/09
Sleep: 8.5 hours
Finally feel rested!!!
*9:30 am workout* 1:10 riding + 20 min core and stretching
Mountain Bike Middle Trail in upper Bidwell Park in Chico, CA. Great ride with my boyfriend, Marcus Brown. BEAUTIFUL morning!!! Semi technical ride...lots of loose rock! I conquered a downhill I've been afraid of for the last year!!!
Side Reaches 1x50
Reverse Crunches 1x50
Plank Hip Rotations 1x50
Sit Ups 1x50
- Pre workout meal: Banana and handful of raw almonds
- Post workout meal: 2 eggs scrambled with sauted veggies (carrots, squash, broccoli, onion, mushrooms) topped with 1/4 avocado, 1/2 small tomato. 6 blackberries, 3 strawberries, 1/2 cup sweet potatoes.
- Snack: Raw almonds, dried cranberries, unsweetened coconut, walnuts
- Snack: 1 piece turkey jerky, 1 apple
- Dinner: Baked chicken breast, brussell sprouts, green salad with mixed veggies topped with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Total Water intake = 120 oz
Comments: Slept in until 8:30 and then worked out so I didn't eat breakfast until late, therefore I was off with the rest of my day (hence no real lunch)...DON'T DO THIS!!!