Monday, October 5, 2009

Mondays...

Monday's have a bad rap because it's the beginning of the work week...the weekend is over. That's not a good way to look at it. Think of Monday's as a fresh start. They are the first day of the week where you can get in your routine. Start the week with a killer workout, great attitude and healthy grub to fuel your body.

That was my outlook today and I had one of the best days ever! Got up, made a smoothie, headed into Chico for a sweet mountain bike ride followed by a fun workout. Then I met up with Marcus at a coffee shop to get some work done. Then did chores...grocery shopping, laundry, cleaned my truck, cleaned the house. After all the work was done, it was time for some more fun. I had Marcus pull me for a ski ride behind our new 2010 MasterCraft. Sweet boat!!!! I haven't been skiing very well lately, but today I just had a different attitude and approach and it ended up working in my favor. I skied great today!!...and had a blast doing it!!!

Moral of my story...your day is what you make of it. So, instead of dreading the day when you get up, make the day the best it can be.

Monday 10/5/09
Workout:
*Mountain Bike Middle Trail
*21 - 15 - 9 of each exercise
Forward Lunges
Pushups
Step Ups
Assisted Handstand Pushups
Backward Lunges
Skaters

Nutrition:
8:00 - Protein shake (frozen berries, OJ, water, Muscle Milk protein)
10:30 - Banana and 1 hard boiled egg
1:00 - Salad (mixed greens, carrots, celery, cauliflower, red peppers, pecans, chicken sausage) topped with olive oil and basil
4:00 - Handful of almonds, pistachios, dried cranberries and cherries
6:00 - Pear and 1/2 of a balance bar (not the best choice)
7:30 - Dinner Plan - Turkey burger with mustard and tomato, steamed broccoli and cauliflower

Water - 100 oz


No comments:

Post a Comment