Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Morning Workouts and New Gear

Picture to Left:
Honey Run Covered Bridge. It's the only 3 level covered bridge in the US...and it's right here in Chico, CA. My ride today (Wednesday) goes right past this.


Yesterday (Tuesday) and today have been great days! I like to start each day with my workout first thing. Several reasons why...

1- I feel good the rest of the day
2- It's over and done with and the rest of my day can't get in the way of my workout
3- It helps me to make better decisions with my food intake the rest of the day
4- My metabolism is boosted first thing in the morning and my energy is up

Yesterday - 9/8/09
Workout
*Run 3 miles steady state
*Rounds in 20 minutes
(BW=Body Weight)
10xBW Pullups
15xBW Lunges each leg
10x95# Push Jerks
10x60# Standing Cable Row
10xBW Plyo Box Jumps
Got in 5 rounds + 10 Pullups
*Row Machine - 4 min WU, 10x30 sec sprints with 1 min active recovery between, 1 min CD
*Stretch and Yoga

Food Intake
6:45am - Handful of frozen grapes + banana
9:30am - 3 eggs scrambled with zucchini, squash, red onion and topped with 1/4 avocado and salsa
10:30am - 2 handfuls raw almonds
1:00pm - Salad (lettuce, tomato, carrots, cucs, onion, avocado, turkey burger) with lime and olive oil + 5 pieces of cantaloupe
4:00pm - Handful of Trailmix and 2 pieces of turkey jerky
7:00pm - Turkey Burger w/mustard, avocado, tomato (no bun), brussel sprouts, salad (lettuce, carrots, tomato, red pepper)
TOTAL WATER INTAKE: 115 oz

Today - Wednesday 9/9/09
Workout
*1:55:36 - Road Ride in Chico 1 mile rec area - up Honey Run - Neal Road - back to 1 mile rec area
*20-2 (even numbers only - descending reps)
Leg Throws
Crunches
Torso Rotations
Side Kick Punch
+ Plank for 2.5 minutes at the end

Food Intake
7:30am - Banana
*Workout
10:30am - Apple, Blueberries, Strawberries, Chicken Breast
11:00am - Vanilla Latte (oops...but I guess if I'm going to have it, after a hard ride is a good time to indulge)
2:30pm - Handful of Almonds
3:00pm - Left overs: Steak, Zucchini, Carrot stirfry + Turkey Burger with avocado, tomato and mustard
.... The rest of the day is to be determined...plan for dinner is a grilled chicken salad

Comments:
The past two days have been great workouts. You'll notice that Monday was a long ride day, Tuesday was a more intense, short burst, interval workout, and today was another long ride day. Both of the long rides have been hard hill climbs so my legs are smokin tired and sore right now...which means....tomorrow is a LIGHT day. Notice that I am alternating high intensity with sustained intensity days. Because I got my new bike I am probably pushing a bit more on the bike this week than usual, but that's the price you pay when you get new toys!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment