Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back in the Game


It's been awhile since I've blogged...sorry!  Sometimes life just takes over and it seems like time whips by.  I can't believe it's already September.  Anyways, I am back in the game and ready to share my days with you for you to see "the life of a personal trainer".  My goal of this is for you to see that I practice what I preach and to comment on the mistakes I make for you to learn from.  I hope to give you info on health and fitness and answer questions you may have.

Update from yesterday...Monday 9/7/09

Workout:
First real ride on my NEW ROAD BIKE (picture above)!!!  Last Thursday I got a great deal on a Giant TCR Advanced 2 road bike.  I've been riding on a 12-15 year old bike, so moving to one that weights 18lbs with all the gear on was a whole new world!  I am really wanting to get into racing, so I figured if I dive into the purchase, it will motivate me even more.

In Chico, CA, I rode from 1-mile rec area up to Cohasset (continuous uphill 2000+ ft elev gain) back down and around Keefer Loop and back to 1-mile rec area.  It was a good 1:45 ride!  Being a gorgeous morning in Chico, I finished my workout in the park....

8x through:
20 Pushups
15 Steps ups (ea leg)
15 Handstand Pushups
20 Body Squat

Nutrition went as follows:
7:20am - Handful of Trail Mix (pistachios, walnuts, dried cranberries and cherries) + banana + fish oil capsules
*RIDE AND WORKOUT
11:00am- Peach
12:00- 2 eggs scrambled with chicken sausage, zucchini, squash and topped with 1/2 avocado and salsa
1:00pm- Handful of almonds and walnuts
*WATER SKI 1 SET
3:30pm- apple
*WATER SKI 1 SET
7:00pm- Handful of Trail Mix (pistachios, walnuts, dried cranberries and cherries)
8:00pm- Pluto's Side Salad (spinach, figs, carrots, cucs, tomatoes, broccoli, red pepper, turkey) topped with balsalmic vinagrette
--Total Water for the day = 108 oz.

Comments: 
Not a bad day considering it was Labor Day with lots of people out at the lake.  I had too many nuts throughout the day, and should have been better prepared in town after my ride for protein immediate afterwards.  We went out for dinner and made a great choice with a salad and turkey.  After dinner everyone went out to dessert to Chico's infamous Jon and Bon's frozen yogurt shop and I said NO!  It was hard since it's my FAVORITE, but you always feel WAY better when you make healthy decisions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment