Sunday, May 17, 2009
Week in the Life of Jenny: Day 6 and 7
This weekend was great. The first REALLY hot days in Chico so far. 98 degrees yesterday and up to 100 degrees today. Knowing it was going to be scorching hot, I got up early on Saturday to get a mountain bike ride in before the heat came. My plan was to head home after the ride and do a core workout at home, but it was so nice the park with the fresh morning air, that I spontaneously switched my plan to a core workout in the park. After a great start to the weekend, I headed to the farmer's market and picked up some delicious produce and supported the local farmers. Household chores followed the market and the rest of the afternoon/evening we spent at the lake.
Sleep: 7.5 hours
Mtn Bike Ride: 1 hr 10 min
Middle Trail in Bidwell Park. Same as Monday, I went down the "scary" hill (it's steep with a lot of loose rock) but this time without hesitation.
Core Workout: 2x30
Leg Throw + Reverse Crunch
Waterski: 6 passes
Felt REALLY tired. I need to give my legs a day of rest!!!
- Pre Workout: Banana and almond muffin
- Post Workout: 3 eggs scramble (broccoli, squash, tomato, onions, mushrooms), apple
- Snack: Orange and 1 handful almonds
- Lunch: Kiwi, green salad (lettuce, carrots, celery, tomato, mushrooms, chicken)
- Snack: Strawberries
- Dinner: Chicken Salad, 10 blue corn chips and guacamole
- Water=85 oz...not enough!!
Today was a relaxing, fun day at the lake. We got up and I fixed us a tasty breakfast and then we were off the lake for a day of skiing, sunshine, friends, and lots of laughs! A perfect Sunday!!!
Exercise: OFF DAY
Waterski: 2 sets (6 passes and 8 passes)
Today was a break through ski day for me. I felt REALLY strong behind the boat, I was running back to back passes, I was feeling the "athletic" position Marcus keeps telling me about. For those of you who don't waterski...it's a whole different world from any other sport. I have played almost all sports and the load from the boat, the continuous progressive, dynamic, ever-changing body position is nothing like anything else.
It was the most fun I have had skiing since I started a little over a year ago!
Stretch: After each ski set
(focus on back and hamstrings)
- Breakfast: 2 egg omelette (zucchini, broccoli, onions, mushrooms) with avocado, 4 strawberries, 1 almond nut muffin
- Snack: Apple
- Lunch: 4 oz grilled steak, green salad with olive oil
- Dinner: Jamba Juice Fruit Smoothie (mango, orange juice, pineapple juice, whey protein)...no sugar added...real fruit - so HOT we couldn't have "real" food
- Snack: 5 strawberries with almond butter, 2 pieces beef jerky
- water = 120 oz
I hope that you all have learned something from me this week. Learned that I love and active healthy life...I preach it, but I also follow it. I also allow myself a little "cheat" so that I don't binge. I pay attention to how my body feels and I adjust accordingly. Sometimes life doesn't match our planned workouts but it's no excuse to drop it completely - something is better than nothing.