Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Week in the Life of Jenny: Day 2
Tuesday 5/12/09: Day 2
A great day! Busy as heck with training clients, online training, Face to Face Tour set up, errands, dentist appointments, playing with Ziggy, and more. I wouldn't make it through these non-stop days without an energetic workout to start the day on the right foot.
*Sleep: 8.5 hours
*Trail Run in Bidwell Park: 52 min
Home to 1 mile, through lower park, and back home.
7 miles (Moderate pace with 8x20 seconds pick-ups with active recovery between)
Felt really good. Legs felt strong. Lungs felt strong. It was a beautiful morning, fresh air and lots of active people and dogs in the park to share it all with.
*Resistance Workout: 20 min
Step Ups 3x20x45 ea
BOSU Pushup Jumps 3x20xBW
Front/Back Lunges 3x20x20 ea
Push Press 3x20x45
Overhead Squat 3x20x15
Tricep Dips 3x20xBW
BOSU Over the Top 3x20xBW ea way
*Stretch: 10 min
- Post Workout: Orange
- BF: 2 eggs and veggie scramble (squash, broccoli, bell peppers, onion) with avocado and tomato on top, 6 blackberries, 2 strawberries
- AM Snack: 1/2 handful of almonds, 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Lunch: Salad (lettuce, tomato, carrots, cucumber, sunflower seeds) with baked chicken on top with lemon juice for dressing
- PM Snack: Banana, 1/2 handful of almonds, 1 piece of turkey jerky
- Dinner: Turkey sausage/chicken/veggie stir fry (broccoli, cauliflower, squash, carrots, red onions) and 1/2 baked sweet potato
Water Intake = 100 oz.
*Comments: Great day! Thoroughly enjoyed my run and workout this morning. Notice that my fruit was surrounding my active times of the day (post workout with breakfast and then a banana after running with clients in the mid afternoon). That's when our bodies can use this sugar most efficiently. Time for a good night's sleep tonight!