Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Just do it!

*Picture to the Left is showing a SINGLE LEG SQUAT. It's a very functional exercise that is great for ski conditioning. Make sure that when you squat down your knee stays behind your toes (sit butt back)*

Yesterday I was dragging butt! I had only 5.5 hours of sleep under my belt and had to get up at 4:30am to go teach my Ski Conditioning Class. Let me tell you, this class isn't for sissies! I push these skiers to their limits and in doing so, I do the same to myself. Knowing what I had in store for them had me a bit worried since all I wanted was for my eyes to close. But, I got to the gym, still wiping sleep from my eyes, and jumped on the elliptical for a quick warmup before class. At first I felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest, but then I settled into it and after 5 or 10 minutes I was ready to rock and roll!

The class was intense. This group of ladies doesn't mess around. We were squatting, lunging, sprinting, skating, jumping, pushing, pulling for an intense hours.

After class I was jazzed and still had energy to go, so I took advantage of it. I hit the treadmill for 3 miles, then did a 30 min workout as follows:

Rounds in 30 min (go through the workout below as many times as you can in 30 min)
Pullups x 10
Jacknives 30x10# ea arm
BOSU Pushups x 10
Hanging Leg Raises x 30
Burpees x 10
Sit Ups x 30

The workout was followed by a great stretch, then off for a busy busy day!

Moral of the story - When you're tired, more often than not, once you start moving your body gets going and you feel great! So "Just do it!"

*Note: Still listen to your body. If you're running on empty and your body needs the rest, then give it the rest! I recommend AT LEAST 7 hours of sleep a night (Monday's night was a fluke for me).

No comments:

Post a Comment