Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Week in the Life of Jenny: Day 7

To the left...doing thrusters in the workout.

Last day of "A week in the Life of Jenny". Today's been a great day. I stayed up pretty late last night working on a project so I was able to sleep in a bit...8:30am I finally rolled out of bed. About 9am I headed out for a 30min run with Ziggy and came back and rocked a hard, fast workout with my mom. The cool thing about working out is you can set it up to where people of all levels, ages, and capabilities (for the most part) can workout together and everyone gets a solid workout if scaled appropriately. Mission accomplished with my mom and I today!

WORKOUT
Run - 30 min of varying terrain (hills, trails, road)
Workout -
x3
400m sprint (hill)
20 Pullups
20 Thrusters 55#

The rest of the morning/early afternoon was spent working on my online training and getting all my clients lined up with workouts for the week ahead. I love my job. I am pretty lucky to be able to spend each day helping other people to discover they can work harder than they thought, to teach people how to develop healthy habits, and to make them realize it's a lifelong commitment and more than worth it! People doing my online training are seeing phenomenal results...major weight loss, lower body fat %, increased sports performance, increased energy, better blood test numbers, higher self confidence, etc. It's wonderful!

I've been playing soccer all winter, well futsol. Futsol is a form of soccer done indoor on basketball court. 5v5 with mini goals at each end of the court. We play with the basketball court boundary lines. There are no goalies, no throw ins (kick ins instead), and no refs. It's a great way to get out, compete, and have some fun being active. I encourage everyone to find something outside of their workout routine that is active that they can look forward to. For example, hiking, biking, swimming, skiing, kayaking, etc. Do something adventurous and fun each week that challenges your body and mind.

Now it's time for some grub and working on photo albums the rest of the night.

NUTRITION:
*Late breakfast today...didn't have lunch because of it*
Breakfast - 3 small coconut flour pancakes, 4 pieces of turkey bacon, 1/2 apple and 2 strawberries
Snack - 3 handfuls almonds, walnuts, cashews and raisins
Snack - Carrot with almond butter
Dinner - Grilled Chicken, salad with olive oil and lemon juice, Butternut squash soup
Water - 120 oz + 8 oz hot tea

I hope you all have learned a little something this week by following a week in my life. I am always doing something active each day and look forward to it. I eat very healthy, real food...but allow "treats" in there too. Making the choice to be healthy, is just that...a choice...but it is the best thing you can do for your body. Get out there, be active, be smart about what goes in your mouth, and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment