Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Trainers Day - Day 1

It's Monday! Monday's give a lot of people a bad vibe, but why? It's another beautiful day to be alive! I am making a new vow to start each day with that sort of an attitude...try it with me, see how it works...

This morning's 5am alarm came sooner than I had wanted since I could fall asleep until 11:15pm, but I rolled out of bed, did my early morning primping (consisting of nothing more than brushing my teeth and splashing my face with water) and hit the road to get my early morning clients off to a great start for the week. I don't eat first thing when I wake up because number one it's too stinkin' early, number two I'd have to get up even earlier (having the first number on the clock be a 4 when you wake up sounds like a REALLY bad idea), and number three I'm not hungry at 5am. Typically when I get home I go workout, but today is a rest day for me and I was really hungry when I got home at 8:30, so I made a delicious breakfast.

Chicken Sausage and Egg Scramble

After breakfast I unfortunately had to spend several hours at the computer writing blogs, doing email correspondence, updating my website, working on programming, etc.

A tip for the "desk sitters" though...get up and move AT LEAST every 15 minutes. Our bodies get locked in a position for too long and our muscles start to tighten. Sitting at a desk/computer, our chest and hips get really tight and those tight muscles start to cause posture problems. So, get up do a few stretches, walk around, lengthen that spine, open the hips and chest and then get back to duty.

After I finished my work, I decided it would be a good idea to paint my living room (after mowing the lawn of course). Not sure why I decided today was the day. I really probably should have taken a nap because of my lack of sleep last night. But, it's done and it looks good!

With my spontaneous decision to be Martha Stuart for the afternoon, I'm glad that I had pre cooked some chicken breasts and had fresh produce waiting for me in the fridge. Remember, successful eating is all about being prepared and having healthy options ready to go.

I took a few minutes after painting to lay in the sun while throwing the ball for my dog Ziggy. Then around 5:30 had a nice dinner with Marcus. Thank goodness for crock pots...they make cooking so much easier.

Before starting up the paint job I had prepped the london broil for dinner. First I cut away the visible chunks of fat and then seasoned with garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, and fresh rosemary. I pan fried for 3 minutes on each side in olive oil and then set on low in the crock pot for 5 hours with 1/4 cup red wine. We gobbled it up with a fresh garden salad drizzled with olive oil and red wine vinegar.

On a trainers schedule, I have to hit the road for my evening coaching. Then home at 8:15pm, stretch/roll and then to bed.

Breakfast:
Chicken Sausage and Egg Scramble
- Adelle's Chicken Sausage (sliced into rounds)
- 1/2 cup of red bell peppers and zucchini (pre cut for week prep)
- 2 eggs (cage free)
- Olive Oil

Saute chicken and veggies in pan with olive oil, scramble in eggs. Serve topped with 1/2 avocado and salsa. I also had a handful of blueberries and of course my fish oil!

AM Snack:
Hard boiled egg (I keep these stocked in the fridge at all times) and handful of almonds

Lunch:
Chicken (pre cooked this weekend) carrots, celery, 4 strawberries, handful of almonds

Dinner:
London Broil with garden salad...recipe above

Water Intake: 120 oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment