Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Trainer's Day - Day 3

Wednesday morning...5am wasn't as welcoming today as Monday, but I was up and at it ready to do the day's deeds. Clients from 5:30-10a did great with their workouts. Something that I find with the majority of my clients (as well as myself sometimes) and most likely you're guilty of it too, is that we don't engage our core stabilizers. Even if we have the strength, we get lazy and our poor posture takes over our lives. This can lead to low back pain, shoulder pain, hip pain, etc...injuries are often caused by improper posture. Tip today is to think about keep your abs tight, your glutes squeezed, and your chest proud (shoulders back with ribs down). Think about it in your car, at your desk, picking up your kid, or working out.

In between clients today I wolfed down my breakfast on the go 3 hard boiled eggs (only 2 shown because I gobbled one up before I remembered to take the picture), 1/2 avocado and 3 strawberries.
The rest of the morning consisted of email correspondence with my online clients, grocery shopping (pictured below), bookkeeping, website updates and cleaning house.

Combo of Trader Joes and a local farmer's market groceries...
TJ - Broccoli, romaine lettuce, trek mix (almonds, cashews, cranberries), marinara sauce (no sugar), roast beef slices (no nitrates/nitrites), and dried mango (my treat!!)
Market - Okra, butternut squash, green onions, red bell peppers
That's not a full grocery list, just stocked up on some veggies and few 'snacky' things. Not pictured, Marcus headed to costco to stock up on meat (chicken breasts and steak), avocados, melons, and eggs. Tip, Costco is one of the most affordable places to stock up on cage free eggs.

After working hard all morning, I realized I had ignored my poor lil pup all morning. She was literally laying at my feet with her head resting on her paws just whimpering. So...I headed out for a quick 5K run around Lower Bidwell Park with her. It was HOT today! Lunch followed the run and then more nose to the grindstone.

At 5:30p I headed to the gym for a workout. It was a diagnostic workout called Elizabeth through CrossFit. Coming off of a hip and shoulder injury I didn't push too hard, but still got a good workout in. Workout was as follows.
Strength work with Presses and Power Clean movement practice then
"Elizabeth"
21-15-9
Power Clean 95lbs
Ring Dips
My Time - 8:55

Followed the evening workout with a homemade "to-go" dinner before a bit more coaching, then home by 8pm and now ready to hit the hay!
BF - 3 hard boiled eggs, 3 strawberries, 1/2 avocado
S - fresh apple from the tree with handful of Trek Mex and two pieces of dried mango
L - Left over london broil over locally grown greens, tomatoes, green beans, green onions with hard boiled egg, all dressed with olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon juice.
S - handful of Trek Mex
D - Wild Atlantic Salmon burger (from Costco...good for fast/easy meal...not good all the time though), 1 small bell pepper, green beens, 1/2 tomato.

No comments:

Post a Comment